This page sets forth the operating conditions of this site with regard to the processing of the users’ personal data.
This notice is provided for pursuant to art. 13 of Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 - Code for the protection of personal data – to the benefit of the users of Santa Margherita S.p.A.’s web services accessed via the following IP addresses:
http://www.santamargherita.it and http://www.santamargherita.com
The notice refers solely to the Santa Margherita website and not to other websites that the user may consult through links.
The notice is also provided for in accordance with the Recommendation no. 2/2001 that the European authorities for the protection of personal data, assembled in the Group instituted by art. 29 of Directive no. 95/46/CE, adopted on 17th May 2001 in order to establish certain minimum requirements for the collection of personal data on-line, and, in particular, the procedures, timescales and nature of the information that the owners of the information must supply the users with when the latters connect to web pages, irrespective of the aims of such connection.
THE "OWNER" OF THE INFORMATION GATHERED
Following consultation of this site, data regarding identified or identifiable persons can be gathered and processed.
The "owner" of the information gathered is Santa Margherita S.p.A., with registered office at Fossalta di Portogruaro (VE) Via Ita Marzotto, 8 Tel. +390421246111 Fax. 390421246417 E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOCATION OF DATA PROCESSING
The data processing connected with the web services of this site is managed solely by professional experts on data processing and takes place at the aforementioned registred office of Santa Margherita S.p.A..
No information deriving from the web service is shared or disclosed.
TYPES OF DATA PROCESSED
The computer systems and software procedures set up for the functioning of this website acquire, in the course of their normal operation, certain personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of communication protocols in Internet.
This kind of information is not gathered to be associated with identified interested parties, but by their very nature might, through processing and association with data held by any third parties, allow the users to be identified.
This category of data includes IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by those who access the site, the addresses in URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) notation of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in reply, the numerical code indicating the status of the reply given by the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters relating to the operating system and the computer environment of the user.
The above data are used solely for the purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical information concerning the use of the site and to control its correct performance; they are cancelled immediately after processing. The data could be used for the liability assessment in the event of computer crimes to the detriment of the site but, with the exception of this particular scenario, at present the data regarding web contacts only last for up to seven days.
Data supplied voluntarily by the user
The optional, explicit and voluntary sending of electronic mail to the addresses indicated in this site entails the subsequent acquisition of the sender’s address, which is necessary to reply to his or her requests, as well as that of any other personal information that may be included in the electronic mail.
No personal information about users is deliberately acquired by the site.
No use is made either of cookies for the transmission of information that is personal in nature, or of the so called persistent cookies of any type (in other words, systems for tracing users).
The use of the so called session cookies (which are not permanently memorized on the user’s computer and vanish upon shutting down the browser) is strictly limited to the transmission of the session identifying marks (constituted by random numbers generated by the server) necessary to enable the secure and efficient exploration of the site.
The session cookies used in this site prevent the need to turn to other computer techniques which might be prejudicial to the privacy of users while surfing and do encumber the collection of the user’s identifying personal data .
OPTIONAL NATURE OF THE DATA SUPPLY
Without prejudice to the heading of surfing data, the user is free to provide personal data in the request forms addressed to the OWNER in the “Contacts” section of the site, either to request dispatch of informational material or for other communications.
Failure to supply such data may result in the impossibility of obtaining what has been requested.
METHOD OF GATHERING AND PROCESSING DATA
The personal data provided by the users submitting requests for information or booking guided tours are used solely for the purposes of carrying out the service or performance requested. Such data are not disclosed and may be shared with third parties only if necessary to this extent (e.g. with the company in charge of deliver the informational material requested)
Personal data are processed by automated instruments only for the time strictly necessary to carry out the aims for which they had been gathered.
Specific security measures are observed in order to prevent the loss of data, illegal or incorrect use of them and unauthorized access to them.
RIGHTS OF THOSE CONCERNED
The subjects to whom the personal data refer have at any time the right to obtain confirmation of whether the these data exist and to know their contents and origin, check their correctness or ask for the integration, update or indeed rectification of the data (art. 7 of Law no. 196/2003).
Pursuant to the aforegoing article, the above subjects have the right to ask for the removal, transformation into an anonymous form or to have a block put on any data gathered and processed in violation of the law, as well as to object in any case, for legitimate reasons, their processing.
Such requests should be addressed to the Privacy Department at the registered offices of the Owner.
Information notice regarding processing of personal data pursuant to s. 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003
Data relating to customers and suppliers
Purpose of processing
- The data are processed in the exercise of the Company’s business in Italy and abroad, and in particular:
- for requirements preliminary to the signature of agreements;
- for compliance with obligations and performance of operations specified by the agreements entered into; for the performance of obligations and formalities (administrative, tax, accounting, etc.) required by the applicable legislation;
- for the performance of market research or commercial communications;
- marketing and advertising;
- market analysis and research;
- promotional activities;
- customer satisfaction surveys;
- for the management of the technical support service relating to products and/or services supplied by the Company;
- to monitor relations with customers and suppliers and the associated risks;
- for communications with external personnel;
- for statistical processing;
- for all other operational and managerial requirements.
- The processing may be performed by manual, automated, computerised or electronic methods designed to manage, store and transmit data, and in any event suitable to guarantee security and confidentiality.
- The data processed are:
- processed legally and fairly;
- collected and recorded for specific, express, lawful purposes, and used in other processing operations on terms compatible with the said purposes;
- correct, and updated if necessary;
- relevant, complete and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they are collected or subsequently processed;
- stored in a form that allows the identification of the data subject for a period no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected or subsequently processed.
Nature of provision of data
The provision of the data by the data subject is not compulsory, but refusal may prevent the commencement or implementation of business relations with the Company.
Categories of parties to which the data may be communicated
The data may be communicated, in Italy and abroad, to:
- parties entitled to access the data in accordance with statutory or regulatory provisions;
- banks for the management of receipts and payments, finance companies, insurance companies and audit firms;
- our network of agents;
- data processing and IT service centres;
- factoring companies;
- external parties that perform functions connected with the performance of the agreement (such as lawyers, consultants, shipping agents, etc);
- debt recovery firms;
- credit insurance companies;
- third-party liability insurance companies;
- business information companies for the performance of their activities, which may include evaluation of solvency and payment history;
- external personnel or service companies;
- marketing companies.
Data subject’s rights
The data subject shall have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him/her exist, regardless of their being already recorded, and communication of such data in intelligible form.
- The data subject shall have the right to be informed of:
- the source of the personal data;
- the purposes and methods of the processing;
- the logic applied to the processing, if it is carried out with the aid of electronic means;
- the name and address of the data controller and the data processor.
- the entities or categories of entity to which the personal data may be communicated or to whose knowledge the said data may come in their capacity as designated representative in the country, data processor, or person in charge of the processing.
- The data subject shall also have the right to obtain:
- updating, rectification or, where s/he has an interest therein, supplementation of the data; erasure, anonymisation or blocking of data which have been processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which they were collected or subsequently processed;
- certification to the effect that the above-mentioned operations, and their contents, have been notified to the entities to which the data were communicated or disseminated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate effort compared with the right that is to be protected.
The Data Subject shall have the right to object, in whole or in part:
- on legitimate grounds, to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, even though it is relevant to the purpose of the collection;
- to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, where it is carried out for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling or for the performance of market research or business communications.
The Data Controller is the company Santa Margherita S.p.A. with registered office at Via Ita Marzotto no. 8, Fossalta di Portogruaro (VE), where the data is processed.
The Data Processor designated by the Data Controller pursuant to s. 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 can be contacted at Santa Margherita SpA, with registered office at Via Ita Marzotto no. 8, Fossalta of Portogruaro (VE), tel. 0421/246111, fax 0421/246417, e-mail: email@example.com